3 Fellas and a Lady3 Fellas and a Lady3 Fellas and a Lady3 Fellas and a Lady3 Fellas and a Lady

Monday, June 28, 2010

Transitions

Right now, as I type, Aa is sleeping in his big boy bed!  Yippee! 

I'm excited and pleased.  His room is basically set up.  The walls are painted, the black-out shade is up, the valance is up and his name is on the wall. I can't take pics of the finished product until later.  I didn't think he'd sleep in there today.  I was fully prepared to put him to sleep in the crib as usual.  He asked to sleep in the big bed so I let him.  I told him that he was taking a nap and the nap could be in the bed or in the crib.  He pointed to the big boy bed that he was laying on and said, "This one". 

I got his pillow and blanket from the crib.  I began reading stories to him and he rolled about and fidgeted for a bit.  I asked him again where he wanted to sleep.  I reminded him two more times that he could sleep in the crib or the bed but he had to go to sleep.  I turned his music on and sat next to the bed for a minute or so.  He seemed distracted by my presence so I left. 

After, I left Ee work up from his nap.  I was praying that Ee didn't wake Aa up.  Aa was kicking his legs against the wall.  I just knew it wasn't going to work and Aa would have to go to sleep in his crib.  I changed Ee and rocked him back to sleep.  I checked on Aa and he was fast asleep!  Yes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment