3 Fellas and a Lady3 Fellas and a Lady3 Fellas and a Lady3 Fellas and a Lady3 Fellas and a Lady

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Battle of the Bulge

I need to lose weight!  After having two kids only 19 months apart, I don't look too bad but I could certainly look better.  There's also the family history of Heart attacks, strokes, diabetes and cancer to think about.  My maternal grandmother died from heart and lung disease at the age of 54.  I want to be around for my children (and grandchildren) for a very long time. 

We joined our local YMCA and I have several workout DVDs.  I need to get motivated and make changes that will be lifestyle changes not just passing fads. I also need to quit snacking and start drinking more water. I read somewhere that many times when a person thinks they are hungry they're actually thirsty. I was really good at drinking water while I was pregnant but lately I've slacked off.

I heard about Spark People from a friend on facebook.  The site is completely free and allows you to track the food and calories that you eat, the amount of water that you drink, and exercise goals.  I'm going to give it a try and I'll let you know how it goes.  My goal is to lose 20 pounds by October 2010. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment